Avalanche course – Level 2
NAG Level 2: Analyzing Snow Stability, Avalanche Hazard, and Group Management in Avalanche Terrain.
Our Level 2 course is a 5-day program that provides strong independent leaders the opportunity to advance their avalanche knowledge and decision making skills. The Level 2 program builds on the introductory avalanche management skills introduced in the Level 1 program and adds in the skill set for snow profiling and self monitoring factors in the snow pack for stability evaluation.
Our Level 2 Avalanche Course will provide participants with the following information:
- Advanced understanding of avalanche terrain with a focus on stability analysis.
- Snow pack metamorphoses with time, and factors contributing to spatial variability.
- Standardized guidelines for observation and recording of factors that indicate snow stability.
- Advanced understanding of avalanche physics, avalanche release, and triggering mechanisms.
- Snow stability forecasting and analysis framework.
- Improved companion rescue skills including multiple and deep burials.
Instruction time with be 40 hours or more. The level 2 course is about 40% theoretical instruction inside and 60% practical instruction outside traveling in avalanche terrain.
Price: Level 2: 1200 Nok x 5 days = 6000 NOK
Dates: Level 2: Feb 22-26
Trip Length: Level 2: 5 days.
Skill Level: Level 2: participants must have completed a minimum 3 day introductory level avalanche course before registering.
Guiding Ratio: 1:6 participants
Included in Price:
- all guide/instructor fees and expenses.
- all instructional material and location rental.
Not Included in Price:
- personal ski/avalanche rescue equipment and clothing.
- transportation to/from course location.
- travel insurance